This time I decided to do a lowpoly version of ‘Isle of the Dead’ by Swiss symbolist Arnold Böcklin.
Böcklin created several versions of ‘Isle of the Dead’ my image is based on the third version, which was painted in 1883.
The hardest bit of making this was trying to figure out what’s going on with that funeral barge. The painting is a little murky so I’m not sure how the boatman is propelling it – seems to be speeding along though.
Quite pleased with how the clouds turned out. Oh, and I allowed myself a few bevels this time ;)
As always, crits and comments are more than welcome.
30 Notes/ Hide
- mursku likes this
- fuck-it-its-art reblogged this from sockgardener
- braindamages likes this
- womanonfire likes this
- shemaghkonsepts likes this
- laumandal reblogged this from sockgardener
- subhumanstalker likes this
- roguesquirrel reblogged this from sockgardener and added:
- dweezilzappa likes this
- hugu likes this
- coolcolors likes this
- nykanykes reblogged this from roguesquirrel
- twoc likes this
- nykanykes likes this
- lightgrabber reblogged this from sockgardener
- lightgrabber likes this
- waltzinthedark likes this
- mentalquaid likes this
- primoproduct likes this
- alt-0151 likes this
- seamoon30 likes this
- fkm1900 likes this
- okter likes this
- lazy-eyed reblogged this from sockgardener
- hertje73 likes this
- vvv511 reblogged this from sockgardener
- sockgardener posted this